Torchwood Miracle Day: Where to Watch, Download or Stream

July 8, 2011

The fourth Torchwood series, Miracle Day premieres tonight at 10 PM EST on the premium Starz network (rebroadcast 11 PM tonight and 10 PM Saturday). From our investigation, it’s unclear whether or not you can watch the series via Amazon Instant or iTunes. Typically BBC shows are available the next day on video streaming services but this may be an exception. Starz financed a good portion of the series and the UK will not see the premiere for another six days (It will be interesting to see what Torchwood does with a bigger budget). This leads to the conclusion that Starz will use this as an opportunity to entice sign-ups for Starz (surprise!!). If you do sign up for Starz, what are the options?

Since this series is made up of ten episodes, you will have to subscribe for three months.

FIOS customers: FIOS has several promotions available where you can get the first three months of Starz for  free assuming you haven’t taken advantage of a similar offer in six months. The Hub signed up earlier today.

Also, Starz is offering a $25 rebate for anyone who is a subscriber for three months.

It also appears that at least the first episode may be available on the Starz website. The videophiles will probably be disappointed with the quality including yours truly.

It’s also worth checking out the companion app on iTunes: Torchwood: Web of Lies.  The first week is free and you get a comic backstory to the series. At the end of the video, there are puzzles to unlock additional content. After the first week, there will be a cost for each week’s content.

We’ll post updates as we get more information on iTunes/Amazon availability. If anyone has info on promotions on other cable systems, please post below.

Update: You can view the episode on-line at Starz. It appears to be in standard definition quality.  It’s currently not in the US iTunes or Amazon stores. It is available in the Canadian iTunes store (Thanks Bill) so it may become available on the US iTunes store in the near future.

Update 2: Torchwood: Miracle Day is now available on Netflix streaming! Enjoy!

Update 3 (11/29): Torchwood: Miracle Day is no longer available on Netflix streaming.

Torchwood Miracle Day: Jack and Gwen

Tags: lineup, Torchwood

11 Responses to Torchwood Miracle Day: Where to Watch, Download or Stream

1. HunerC07 on July 8, 2011 at 3:01 pm

I am curious as well as I wanted to get an itunes season pass for this

2. Pearl on July 8, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Starz channel is live on Netflix so I wonder if they're gonna show it there or if it's gonna have any kind of interruptions

3. The Hub on July 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm

It's unlikely given some of the friction between Starz and Netflix as of late. Starz is now holding some of its first run series such as Camelot 90 days before allowing the episodes on Netflix. I would assume we would see the same here, if not longer.

The Hub

4. Staten on July 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I'm actually quite heartbroken. I just moved out and got my first job. I live alone, so i can't really afford the luxury of cable. Lately for shows like Doctor Who, I've been buying them on iTunes. I guess I won't be watching torchwood, though I'm an avid fan. I think this is a failed sales model, personally.

5. The Hub on July 16, 2011 at 9:44 am

It appears that only the first episode will be available on the Starz webstie. Inevitably it will become available on streaming services, it's just a question of when

6. Taizeen1 on July 16, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I pay for Netflix and the Starz live channel will not work.  Netflix hasn't a clue why and according to Dell all the requirements are met to run it.  Netflix sends you to Starz and Starz doesn't answer you – no customer service re: the Netflix issue whatsoever.   A COMPLETE FAIL in customer service all the way around!!  I'd pay for the show if I could find a F–ing way to watch it.  Epic Fail

7. joe4ska on August 4, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Can't wait for them to offer it on iTunes or better yet Amazon for download. Personally I think it's stupid that it's not available the following week of the episode release.

8. Fredellington on November 25, 2011 at 12:57 pm

As of 11/25/11 seems like netflix no longer has Miracle day. Was about to watch middlemen episode. But now Netflix only lists up to season 3. Anyone else encounter this. This is starting to bite. The Hangover not available except for extra 7, and now this. No wonder they are loosing customers.

9. Mike Becker on November 26, 2011 at 1:07 am

I was halfway through season 4 on netflix, and now I'm pissed I can't finish it, s4 just disappeared :(

10. Phillis Crump on January 11, 2012 at 6:30 pm

I am delighted that I detected this website, precisely the right info that I was searching for!